Monday, February 21, 2005

My spine is a snake

Last night I worked the High On Fire, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Kylesa, and Sweet Cobra show. I got there around 8pm and didn't have the bands all loaded out and on there way until 3am. Great show however...I'm not a big fan of metal unless it's done really well and these guys all did it well. Special thanks to High On Fire and Sweet Cobra for the CD's!

I got home around 3:30am and decided I better print out a news article that I'm supposed to bring in for class. Going to the BBC website I was shocked to find Hunter S. Thompson had killed himself. It was a little harder to go to sleep after reading that...if you haven't read Kingdom Of Fear by Mr. Thompson yet I highly urge you to do so...even if it's just for the anti-Bush essay called, Jesus Hates Bald Pussy.

For me every day is a very intimate kind of personal freedom fight. If I lose then I know that in some profound sense I'm a goner, a drone, hardly living anymore.

-Twenty-five percent of people in developed and developing countries will experience at least one psychological disorder in their lives.
-By 2020, depression will become the second-leading global cause of death and disability, after heart disease.
-People from traditional cultures increase their risk for psychological problems, including schizophrenia, by up to six times when immigrating to developed countries.
-Adbusters




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home