Sunday, July 01, 2007

A few odds and ends

"We look at the world once, in childhood.
The rest is memory."
"NOSTOS" by Louise Gluck

"Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand."
"The Stolen Child" by WB Yeats

"During the second half of his life, after his mother died, the psychologist and philosopher Carl Jung set to work building a stone castle. He built it in Bollingen, on the shore of Lake Zurich in Switzerland. He called it his "confession in stone."
"Stranger Than Fiction" by Chuck Palahniuk


I could write a novel
I could make a movie
I could write music
I could create art
but nothing compares to what I see
when I look into the face of my son.

Nothing comes close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home