Wednesday, June 08, 2005

One day they will have to admit that we reacted very politely

Sometimes you just feel like running...not looking back...leaving everything else behind and just saying no to any and all forms of responsiblility. It's strange how unsatisfying it can be once you've gotten what you thought you wanted. How many nails do I need to drive in and how hard do I need to hit them? I've been careless and somewhat wreckless in a pursuit of feeling I suppose. The threat of becoming automatic and routine hovers above me and I look up at times just to make sure it's still there...and it is. I've lost track of my mistakes and regrets and I know I'm self-centered and that the world slowly methodically revolves around me. But I keep trying to pick up signals to hear something new...something I can reflect...and things have shifted and changed around me...I thought I had too...but you learn no one really changes...they just think they do. Thanks Todd Solondz.

I hear that slow kick drum starting...a hum somewhere in the background...and voices played in reverse. I have that ache again in my right ear...a sore left knee...and a bruised ego. I feel backed into a corner and being the scorpion horse...I'll either sting myself...or trample everyone on my way out.

I am a cliche...I am nothing...and should be everything.

In the inevitable period of decomposition, those forms devised to transform the world turn in upon themselves and implode. The form , once world-historical, becomes its own subject. History stops; action is replaced by and endless series of repetitions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home