Tuesday, June 21, 2005

some facts of life

"We can comprehend this world only by contesting it as a whole. . . . The root of the prevailing lack of imagination cannot be grasped unless one is able to imagine what is lacking, that is, what is missing, hidden, forbidden, and yet possible, in modern life."
—Situationist International

I had a dream yesterday that I was driving by the lake and all I could see was fish. Even above the water there were fish swimming in the air. I got out of the car and started to walk into the water when I felt something opening and hurting my feet and suddenly these holograms with Japanese animation started appearing.

I worked a show on Sunday that was a bunch of skinhead oi bands. Not fun in the least. The tension in the club was matched by the tension outside. I went outside to see a huge cloud of black smoke and all I could hear was firetrucks and sirens. A Dominicks was burning down while inside the club in the green room a drunk skinhead was taking a piss. This lead to verbal confrontation with said skinhead where I thought for sure he was going to hit me...but with a little help from his fellow skinheads we got him out the doors...his shitty tattoos matched his sloppy drunkeness.

I'm not a fan of people at the moment and I would be quite content to stay indoors and work on a few of my writing projects but I have a show tonight. I'm not in the mood...I don't want to fuck with it...but I have two weeks until the next one after this...makes it worse though that I have work at 9am today and 8am the next.

Next on the agenda...finding a new home.

The flow of images carries everything before it, and it is always someone else who controls this simplified digest of the perceptible world, who decides where the flow will lead, who programs the rhythm of what is shown into an endless series of arbitrary surprises that leaves no time for reflection . . . . isolating whatever is presented from its context, its past, its intentions and its consequences. . . . It is thus hardly surprising that children are now starting their education with an enthusiastic introduction to the Absolute Knowledge of computer language while becoming increasingly incapable of reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home