Monday, October 03, 2005

So it goes

You were framed in a picture perfect sidewalk landscape
Riding an invisible horse
The train cuts across the sky, faces pressed against the glass
See you hobbling in a cowboy hat
I pass you by on turbines of youth
You never notice the picture I steal of your silhouette
To store in vast catalogs of memory
Where I can change and rearrange the moment
To fit any story

And so on

Last night was the end of the Bottom Lounge. It was stinky and dirty but I loved it. I keep remembering fragments of things that happened last night like John benetti standing in the doorway around 2am with nothing but his boxers on and his nutsack hanging out holding the posters he made to sell for the last night. Seeing the saddest sound guy upstairs alone sitting in the dark smoking a cigarette. Bill the security guy changing costumes frequently. Minnie Lance Vance doing More Human than Human with Rory Lake. Me drunkenly taking money while my boss asks me how it feels to be the only sober one there. Luke and I getting our picture taken for the chicago tribune while we sang motown classics together in perfect harmony. I'm sure more will come back to me later...and it's scary thinking of all the pics that were taken...the shame. Oh yeah...another great moment...John Benetti excitedly showing me the picture he just took of the methadones and the bomb guitarist Pete taking a shit...fun stuff.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in Feb. but I'll still be working the shows but it won't be quite the same as the Bottom Lounge.

Oh yeah...Frank the sound guy played the Final Countdown all night long when the bands were done playing. It was so fitting it hurt.

so it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home