Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm awake, flood.

I’m awake while you wipe the blood away
Not entirely sure where I am
Sleep has never been my friend
Always threatening to take me away

She sets off small suicide bombers in my head
My kisses bruise her heart
Licking her wounds
I want to heal
Her sighs

Reflection cries in the background
Its not the last time I hurt you
So forget what I said
I don’t know what I’m saying

While I speak to her in tongues
She understands perfectly
How much I need
To hear
And she says, “yes.”

You’re not an ordinary face
So what else can I do?
But let you slip by
A time or two

I breathe deeply
She takes me in
And life is made clear
When lost in her
Flood

I applaud your mistake
In forgetting who I am
And we all find ourselves
Lonely in the end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home